Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Wow...two days in a row!!

I'm sure this is a surprise to everyone....but I'm actually posting two days in a row! The only thing is, this will be a quick update on me (don't worry, I throw a few pictures of Jack in too!).

Some of you may know, but I have been at my doctors a few times now since Thanksgiving due to some issues I've been having. Not to get into too much detail, but I've been seeing my girly doctor, not my family doctor. I've had some blood work done and I had to have an ultrasound today. I have been very nervous about this visit because I was just waiting for bad news. Turns out it's not as bad as I thought. I have polycystic ovary syndrome. Sounds a little more confusing than it actually is. What this means is I don't produce enough of a female hormone and too much of a male hormone. Actually more embarassing than anything. I am also anemic, which means I have to take iron (fun, fun) and I am on a hormone right now to try to even things out. Apparently about 1 in 10 women have this, so it's pretty common. The only downfall....it may be difficult for me to get pregnant again. None of my doctors are even sure how I conceived Jack without any problems. I guess he was just meant to be =)

So when people say that a baby changes everything....they aren't kidding. I have had a clear bill of health since I was born, so finding out I have some problems with my reproductive organs is a little bit of a blow...but the outcome could have been much worse.

Well, enough about boring ol' me, this is Jack's blog and not mine. I hope everyone is having a great week and I'll be sure to post some pictures of Jack at swimming lessons on Saturday.

I leave you with some warm wishes from Jack....with all this freaken cold weather, I figured we could all use a little warmth...even if it is just a picture..

1 comment:

Erika said...

I'm so happy to hear that things are going to get straightened out. I was worried and thinking about you since Sunday...