Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Swimming and more....

As promised, I took a few pictures of Jack at swim lessons on Saturday. He is starting to love the pool more and more and Mark and I are just glad he's not afraid of the water anymore. He kicks his feet like a big boy and loves going down a little slide they have set up for them. (You'll see it in the pictures)

Just coming up from being dunked...
Going down the slide...
Coming out of the pool to get on the slide...

We had a pretty busy and fun weekend. On Friday we got together with a few of our friends from high school, Keith and Erika, Aimee and Jaramy and Andy and Danielle. We headed to Koto for dinner, where I enjoyed a long overdue drink and had some great conversation. We then went and bowled a few games and of course the boys beat the girls all three games. I did alright, but I'm very sad to say that Mark beat all of us in the first game. (this is the guy who usually bowls a 33). It was a wonderful, much needed evening away from the kids. I love Jack to death and he means more to me than anything, but I also love having adult evenings. He and Auntie Kim had a great night playing and watching Diego, but he did get a scratch while she was playing with him....so we just deducted some of her pay =)

Saturday was swimming lessons followed by a dress fitting for me and Mark took Jack to McDonalds for lunch and to play at the play place. Jack is very unfamiliar with McDonalds (this is only the second time I think he's been there) so he was very excited to play. He did manage to eat all of his hamburger and apple dippers though...hungry little man. That night we then headed up to Grammy's house for dinner and some Wii. We ended up spending the night because it was late and we were going to have lunch there the next day, so instead of wasting gas we just stayed there. It works out great for Mark and I though because Grammy and Gramps get Jack in the morning and let us sleep in. I love staying the night up there =)

Mark and I also had the day off on Monday, so we got caught up on some work and also visited with Meme and Pepe Brown (Mark's dad and Kandie). Jack enjoyed running around and eating home made donuts. He also has been getting a little stuffy so Kandie checked his lungs and it just sounds like he may have some upper respiratory things going on Nothing new....every time this little man gets a cold it's all in his lungs and it sounds like he is a heavy smoker. So out came the Nebulizer and he's been on treatments the past two days. I'm at the point where I want to test him for asthma because he always has such a hard time breathing, especially when he is sick or runs around too much. Oh well....we just will have to baby him for the next few days...nothing new.

Last thing, my sister Katy informed me that for some reason my blog only allowed comments from people who have an account. I have since changed that so anyone can leave comments on here. So feel free to comment away or make requests for certain pictures. I have several thousands of Jack to share =)

Okay, this really is the last thing....Jack on Saturday on Gramp's tractor. Obviously not a happy boy (it was nap time and he was WAY over tired.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaa... why thank you Danielle!! Nice pics of Jack in the pool!! At least he'll have fun this summer at my house! I'll try to keep the temp warmer this year.

Kate said...

Ok, so I got a blog address thing, and have actually started (second attempt) at trying to keep a blog... here it is:
http://kateandryansadventure.blogspot.com/

Let's see how this goes over.