Sunday, March 15, 2009

Playdate and more

So as always, things have been crazy around here. A little crazier than normal, I'd say. Our house will officially be on the market tomorrow afternoon. Our Realtor came to take pictures today, do measurements and get the final papers signed and the house will be put in the MLS system tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about how quickly it will sell, but we'll see.

So while finishing up IEP's, cleaning the house and packing, Jack and I had a playdate on Thursday. I say Jack and I because Jack got to play with Gage and I got to play with some camera's that Gage's mommy, Barbie brought over. Barbie and I have been friends since 5th grade and she asked me to assist her in shooting a wedding at the end of August, so I figured I might as well start practicing with the camera's I'm going to use and I've been wanting to get together with her for a while, so it worked out perfect.

Gage and Jack were getting along great at first, until my kid decided to tickle Gage (which they were both laughing about) and then he proceeded to pull him down to the ground. UGH.....only my kid. I quickly pulled him off of Gage because no child should have to be tackled to the ground when being hugged. Well, Jack attempted to hug him two more times throughout the night and both times brought him to the floor. My kid is a lover...just a little too lovey sometimes. Gage was a great sport about it though...he got a little upset, got a hug from his Mommy and then was back to playing. Thanks, Gage!

Barbie showed me her awesome camera's and I can honestly say I feel like a moron when it comes to cameras. I thought I knew a lot after working at Sears for what....5 years...and having my own SLR, but holy crapola, she has got a lot of great stuff for her camera's that I have got to learn to use. Makes me want to go out and buy a new lens and external flash =) We didn't do too much shooting because I was more interested in what some of the buttons did and we talked about what was going to be done during the wedding, but we did get a few cute shots of our boys.

This is when I turned the TV off....I thought Gage was going to kill me...
They had enough of the camera in their face...
Jack trying to kiss Gage...
His confused expression....
His newest trick....putting something on his head and saying "achoo"
It was a great night and I had a lot of fun, I just hope Gage wants to play with Jack again. My kid can be a little too much for any toddler to handle....he's just too "hands on"...if that makes sense. At least he'll make a good husband....he'll always be hugging his wife.

With all the packing, painting, cleaning, and working we haven't had much time for anything else. The house is looking good though....although a lot of it is packed up right now. We're hoping to be out of here by the summer, but I think that's wishful thinking. We'll let everyone know how it goes.

Have a great week and I hope everyone enjoyed the weather this weekend. I know we did!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gage and I had a great time. Gage is just never around any other children, give them another playdate and he'll be fine. Jack is just adorable and so happy. I finally figured out that new flash so we can play around with everything again sometime soon and maybe go outdoors. Dont worry, I'm sure Jack will have plenty of friends..he'll have his fellow wrestlers and football players for sure! :)