Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Long overdue...

Well, it seems as though life has gotten a little crazy and my blogging has taken a back seat for a while. I apologize for that, but you'll soon understand why.

Mark and I finally put our house on the market on March 16th (Monday). We were both pretty excited, but figured it would take a while before we got any bites. Well, that morning that our Realtor put it on the market, we got a call an hour later to do a showing. Thank-goodness our house was clean. So for a few days in a row we had showings. We also had three more scheduled for the past weekend and this past Tuesday. We were pretty excited that people were interested in our house.

Mark told me the Monday we put the house on the market we would have it sold by Friday. In this slump, I told him he was crazy. Friday came, we were as always busy cleaning and looking at potential new houses (oh yeah, we are building a house on my parents land, in case I forgot to mention) and we got a chance to go out to dinner just the three of us. It was way past due. Then, on Friday night around 7:40 we got a call from our Realtor saying that we had an offer on the house. You have got to be fricken kidding me. So he came over around 8:15 that night, showed us the offer and left us to think about it. It was way too low for our liking, so we waited to see if we had any more bites and then put in a counter offer on Monday afternoon. By Monday evening the house was under contract. Just like that....we sold our house.

I'll be honest with you, I'm a little sad about it. This was our first house we purchased, we've put so much work into it, we had Jack here, and so many other experiences and now we have to leave in a little over a month. I'm really excited to be building a brand new house....but a little piece of me wants to cry every time I think about it.

So for now we're trying to find a house we like and in our price range, packing, taking care of work related things, Relay is starting to get into full swing and trying to stay calm amidst the craziness.

As you can see, it has been a little wild around here, but it's all worth it. We will be living up in Rouses Point for about 5-6 months while our land dries, we get the foundation in and the house is being built. It'll be a huge change, but Grammy and Gramps have a room for Mark and I and a room for Jack. We couldn't ask for anything better.

Speaking of Jack....he's been a wonderful child lately. He just goes with the flow, has a few melt downs along the way but heck, he's almost 2. He has really enjoyed the nice weather and wants to be outside every second. When we can't get out, he enjoys penguin bowling...or his version of it.

He's also been into some heavy lifting....
And of course all of that hard work means he has to take a nap...

I know what you are thinking Jack..."Mama, why do you take such silly pictures of me?"...
Because he is just too darn cute....
Enjoy the nice weather everyone. We'll be in Albany in the weekend visiting with Aunt Donna, Tasha, Dylan, Trystan, Danielle, Ray and baby Taylor...and we can't wait. Tallman's be prepared...my son is a wild one!!

No comments: