Monday, November 17, 2008

Sick, sick baby =(

My poor, poor baby is sick. Of course it's probably my fault too, so I feel even more terrible about it. He's been out of sorts for a few days, but just in the past two he has started coughing really hard, wheezing and his nose is running like a faucet. Last night, the first night this has EVER happened, he ended up sleeping in bed with us. He just couldn't get comfortable in his own bed and kept crying and coughing and it was a vicious cycle of the two. So I got up, went and got him, and per Mark's request, put him in between us. Needless to say Mark and I slept horribly, but Jack slept better and that's all that matters. He's been getting his nebulizer treatments and Grammy is coming over tomorrow to keep an eye on him so he doesn't get the other boys he goes to daycare with sick. I hate to see him so miserable...it breaks my heart. =(

We did have a nice weekend before he got really sick. Mark was gone Friday and Saturday to a Leadership conference, so Jack and I got in a lot of bonding time (not that my kid needs to bond with me anymore). We went over to Mammy and Papa's house for dinner on Friday night and took a trip to Target with Mammy and auntie Kim. Jack got some Christmas presents and we picked up his pictures from Sears while we were in the mall. It was a very busy night, all ending with Jack watching about 10 minutes of The Wizard of Oz and getting a little scared of the lion. I decided to turn it off, read him a book and then put him to bed.

He then spent some time with Mammy on Saturday while I went to work and then we went up to Lyon Mountain to visit with Mark's family. Mark's aunt Missy was up from Florida for a few days so we wanted to go visit with her and baby Hunter. Unfortunately because Jack was not feeling well, he couldn't go meet his new cousin. I know I'll have another chance to take a picture of the two of them together soon. While we were there, Jessica got the cutest video of Jack with Aunt Pam and Aunt Missy playing ring-around the rosie. Jack's new thing is to pull on people's clothes (or hair in this case) to get them to sit up or lay down. Thanks, Gramps for teaching him this!

Here is Jack, Aunt Pam (left) and Aunt Missy (right) and Jack pulling on their hair to get them to sit back up and play again. What a kid!



So on Sunday we headed back up the mountain so Mark could visit with everyone. Jack was getting pretty ill by later in the evening so we called it a night pretty early. It was still nice getting to visit with everyone when it is not a holiday or someone's birthday. I did manage to get one picture of baby Hunter while we were there...little guy wouldn't not wake up while I was there though. Oh well, maybe next time =)


Well, hopefully my next post will have better news about my baby feeling better. Wish Grammy luck tomorrow...she's going to need it watching this poor little guy!

No comments: