Saturday, November 8, 2008

House Issues....blah

Of course it has been another busy week in the Brown household. Mark's crazy busy with his school schedule and I've been working two nights a week and Saturday mornings at the Studio to help out with Christmas. It's been fun taking pictures again and I thought for sure I'd lose my patience sooner with kids working with them all day and night but it's just the opposite, I love kids even more and it makes me so much happier when I get home to see Jack.

So, as it goes in our house, one thing after another seems to break or get damaged. Of course it has to be something big too when we need it the least. Mark called me Wednesday night as I was on my way home from work to let me know that our hot water heater busted. Yeah. So the next night he and his dad spend about 5 hours putting our new water heater in. Had it not been for one of our old copper pipes bursting and spraying water all over the place they would have been done sooner. Such is our luck. Thank-goodness for Lowe's and their 0% interest and no payments for 12 months.

Jack of course enjoyed the large box that the water heater came in...


I also had to babysit the night we put the water heater in. His name is Rusty and he is 4 months old....

He's Grammy's cat and just got fixed that day. Grammy had meetings to go to and had me babysit him until she got done. He was pretty groggy for a while and about 30 minutes before he got picked up he started walking around and drank a little bit. Of course Newton was very curious of him, hissed at him once and then cornered the poor cat in our office. I had to search all over the house for them and finally heard the meowing of Rusty and went to his rescue. I have a strong feeling Newton wouldn't do well if we added another cat to our household.

We've also been able to hang out with Kasey, Keith and Erika, Mammy and Papa and we're heading over to Grammy's tomorrow night for dinner. Jack also got a chance to meet a little guy named Alek at play group yesterday. His parents were in the same Hypnobirthing class as Mark and I and he was born about 10 days after Jack. Kate got some cute pictures of them playing that I stole from her blog (hope that's okay, Kate!)

I hope that I can get over to the gym one of these days again and play with all of them. Kate and her husband Randy have been through a lot and are fabulous parents to that handsome little boy. Head over to their blog; One Day at a Time to read their story.

Also, Mark's cousin Tori gave birth on Tuesday to baby Hunter!! I can remember being in the hospital and just wanting to rest, so we decided to wait and visit her and the baby. Jack and I will be heading up there hopefully on Saturday after work to visit with Aunt Missy (who is coming up from Florida!) and of course to meet baby Hunter. Daddy is going away this weekend to a conference so he'll have to meet baby Hunter at a later time. Congrats Tori and Jesse!! Let us know if you need anything!!

So I think that about covers it for the week. I got tagged by Keith at Kano's Kogitation to do an Alphabet Movie Meme. I'll hopefully be able to tackle that tomorrow night and we'll see how that goes!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

1 comment:

Kate, Alek, Hank, and Cash (RIP RED) said...

Thanks for linking us and the kind words. Of course you can steal pictures, I will get some every week. he is too cute. I am so glad we got to meet him, looking forward to seeing you sometime too.
SMILE