Monday, June 22, 2009

Relay and Birthday party...

As I'm sure most of you knew, the Relay for Life was this past weekend, so needless to say, I am still recovering. Setup this year started on Wednesday, so Grammy and Gramps were at the Fairgrounds from Wednesday night to Saturday morning. They had an even longer weekend than we did. Mark was pretty busy himself, helping each night of the week and dedicating himself all day Friday and until cleanup was done on Saturday. I don't know how any of them do it without sleep. I took two little 'naps' that night because I knew I wouldn't make it to Saturday afternoon to drive Mark and myself home.

It was of course, an awesome night. Hundreds of people showed up and it was probably the most memorable Relay to date in my opinion. The committee did an awesome job showcasing survivors this year and really making the event all about them.

Beginning of the survivor lap with the releasing of the doves....
Oh yeah, and my goofball sister....ha ha!

I am happy to say that Meme Brown was there once again as a three time survivor, and my wonderful friend Aimee's father also came. I'm so glad they were both able to make it.

Meme in the trolly during the Survivor lap:
Mr. Baker and his balloon....he looked so happy =)
It was such a great night, and although I'm exhausted, it was all worth it. To see more beautiful pictures of the Relay, check out Jason and Vanessa's blog at GreerCicarelli. They took some amazingly beautiful pictures....as always.

So after a crazy Friday night and sleepless Saturday, we had Jack's second birthday party on Sunday. I know, it was a crazy idea seeing as it was just after the Relay and it was Father's Day, but Justin was also up for the weekend and he missed Jack's first birthday, so we had to have the party on that day for him. We didn't want anything crazy for his second birthday though, just some close friends and family to help us celebrate. We got just that. Some wonderful people joined us for his party and we couldn't have asked for a nicer day.

Jack's birthday cake....made by Mel of course!
Mark being attacked by Kerrigan, Kasey and Jack
Jack and Kasey going after the glove and baseball from James and Avis....
CAKE!!

Of course I have more pictures, but blogger is being a pain in the butt, so check out my facebook account later in the week for the rest of the pictures.

Also a big CONGRATS to Danielle and Ray! Baby Taylor was born on Thursday June 18th around 6pm. It is a beautiful baby boy who they named Lucas (which was one of my name choices so of course I LOVE the name!) He is healthy, as is mom and from what I hear everyone is doing well. Congrats you guys!!

Isn't he adorable?!?!?!

1 comment:

Erika said...

I love the picture of Mr. Baker. He looks genuinely happy. I hope Aimee saves a copy of it.