Sunday, June 7, 2009

Potty, pictures and party

Okay, so the potty thing in the title, is not quite as exciting as you may think it would be, but I still have to share. Mark and I decided to try potty training Jack this summer. We are by no means expecting it to happen because we aren't going to push it until he's fully ready and we don't want to stress ourselves out, but he has been telling us when he poops (sometimes) and notices when he pees (again, just sometimes) so we'll give it a try this summer.

Well, the other day Jack had a horrible diaper rash. I won't go into details but his two year molars are coming in and it's HORRIBLE when he teethes. So I had his diaper off for a while and his potty out. I sat him on the potty and bribed him with candy to go pee in the potty, not on the floor. He stayed on the potty for a while and really wanted the candy...so what does he do...pee! We made a huge deal out of it and gave him the candy. He then proceeded to sit back down and pee again five minutes later. That kid really wanted candy. He pointed to the pee and then asked for candy. Crazy kid. I think once we actually try to potty train it won't be so bad...he may take to it quickly if we bribe him. I figure I'll give it a shot and really focus on it more when I am done work, we'll see how it goes.

As for the pictures, I actually don't have any to post, but we had some family pictures done by Jason and Vanessa, Greer and Cicarelli, and as always they did an amazing job! They got so many shots of Jack and he did so good for them. He for some reason, did not want to stop throwing rocks in the water though, so we got more than a few pictures of him throwing rocks. There was also an incident with Jack throwing a rock at the water and it accidentally hit Jason while he was trying to get a picture of him. I just hope they still want to take his pictures of him after that! Take a look at their blog to see just some of the pictures they took. If anyone is looking for a photographer, I HIGHLY recommend them...they are wonderful to work with and take amazing pictures!

Now on to the party....as most of you know, Jack turns the big TWO at the end of the month. We have already been experiencing first hand what the "two" stage is all about, but we'd like all of you to join us for a birthday party to celebrate this wonderful year. His party will be on June 20th at noon. We'll be having hamburgers and hot dogs, volleyball, and of course cake! Uncle Justin will actually be joining us this year, which is the main reason we are having it on Father's Day, so he can be with us. I made the invites myself on photoshop, which I'm pretty proud of:

Hopefully you can make it! Enjoy your week everyone and enjoy the beautiful weather!

3 comments:

Kate said...

It appears you have a typo on your invitation!! I know you want Jack's party on Father's day - but that is JUNE 21ST, not the 20th. Ryan and I will be there - OF COURSE! Beautiful pictures as well. I think we'll get some done at the new house.

Kate, Alek, Hank, and Cash (RIP RED) said...

Hey woman,
TOTALLY did the candy thing. Junior Mints worked like a charm for Alek, plus they are not as bad for them hehe
Alek started at 16 months and then with everything went on we had a set back because I kind of checked out. But now we are golden with a few poo accidents still but no Pee. He actually made me pull over the other day on a trip to Saratoga because he would not pee in the pull up Silly kid...
Trust me Jack is ready and he will get it fast I am sure especailly with Candy...
Your pictures were great...We love them
Alek and I are going to have ours done soon.
Thanks for booking in June also, not sure if you know $25 goes to Randy's walk on Sunday.
Thanks and Happy training
Kate and Alek

Kate said...

I finally put up the pictures I took of Jack at the Mother's day dinner you had, check out my blog (I have one of him and one of you on there - I'm still working on the others.) Hope they are up to your standards!!