Sunday, February 15, 2009

Katy's Wedding!!

Well, the weekend finally came where one of my little sisters got married. Okay, so she got married a year and a half ago, but that didn't really count because it was a shot-gun wedding before Ryan headed over to Iraq. Seeing as both of them always wanted a big wedding with family and friends, they planned theirs for this past weekend.

Friday after work we had the rehearsal and then some pizza and cookies at my house with the girls before the big day. Jack was of course, just as I thought, very intrigued by the baptismal font in the church and got himself soaking wet...even his mittens. That's my kid.

Saturday was the big day and I thought it went off without a hitch...well, except for Kim getting her cell phone stolen in the morning and her being a LITTLE late for her hair appointment. Worked out okay though and all of us were pretty much on time. Does it matter that the photographers got there before us and we had to frantically get dressed and do make-up? Nope, cause Katy was smart and left us plenty of time to get pictures done and then get to the church. We even had time to stop at an undisclosed location to take some beautiful pictures out in the snow. God bless the photographers for getting out in the cold weather, laying down in the snow and putting up with us girls. They were fabulous!

As for Jack, he took a 20 minute nap the whole day and believe it or not he was fantastic. He woke up just before he had to walk down the aisle (with Kim and myself because he would not go alone) and was for the most part pretty good during the ceremony. It was only about 30 minutes because there was not a full mass, but it was beautiful.

At the reception, Jack cut a rug and was a dancing fool. The video Mark got is a little blurry because it's from his phone, but that's Jack dancing and my dad starts dancing with him. He was a riot!


It was a wonderful day, but of course it went by way too fast. I have a few pictures from my camera, but I was too busy to take a lot. I'll post the ones I got and then give you the link for Katy's photographer's website. There are a few pictures of Katy up on their blog and in a few weeks they will have the rest of them up on their web page. I'll let you know when they are up so you can take a look at my beautiful sister and our little monkey.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!!

In the Limo on the way to the church....
Jack just woke up...
Ryan with Katy's flowers....Us girls and Rusty...Jack on the dance floor...
Here is the link to Greer Cicarelli Photography
More pictures of the big day to come, I promise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just love all the pictures you put just cant wait for the next ones jack does cut a mean rug just showed dad loves it post more