Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Target!

I just had to put a quick post up because I was so excited about our outing today. As most of you know, Plattsburgh is now the newest town to add a Target to it's not so broad array of department stores. I have been waiting for the day that it opens so I can put an end to my dreaded trips to Walmart and enjoy more of a selection of baby items. Well, tonight was a ticket only admission and because my wonderful younger sister Kim works there...she gave me a ticket! I can only compare this experience to that of Charlie Bucket when he entered the chocolate factory...I was honestly that excited.

It was everything I dreamt it would be...bright colors, happy people and aisles and aisles of toys. We were there for more than two hours and only left because it was Jack's bed time. I ended up picking up a couple things for Jack and of course my kiddos that I work with. It's just so nice to have a new store and more of a variety of toys and household items. I've had my fill of Walmart and it's nice to finally have someplace new to do my shopping.

We did kill some time at the park before heading off to Target today. It was too beautiful of an autum day to sit inside cooking dinner. So Jack and I opted to play at the park and find some left-overs for dinner. Here are a couple pictures of our day...this kid just loves being outside.


As an added note...Target opens tomorrow =) Happy shopping!!

2 comments:

Kano said...

I have to say I am also pretty excited to walk around the new Target. I don't think we'll be able to go until Saturday at the earliest, if we have time.

I also absolutely love the Willy Wonka reference you made in your blog. Very witty and well written. Kudos!

Kate, Alek, Hank, and Cash (RIP RED) said...

We cannot wait to go shopping. We loved Target while we were in Durham at Duke. I love their food line the Archer Farms, its great. We went to that park a little bit ago, Alek also would rather be outside than any other place...
SMILE
Kate