Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lots to post about...

I'm going to try not to write too much and explain everything with pictures because we all know I can go off on tangents sometimes and this could end up being ten pages long.

Friday was Grammy's birthday and Gramps surprised her with a dinner at the Butcher Block and lots of family. Jack was fabulous the whole time we were there (about 2 hours) and of course enjoyed some of Grammy's birthday cake. He kept stealing the frosting off the cake and I thought for sure he wouldn't get to bed until late. Not two minutes in the car and he was passed out. Sugar apparently has no effect on my child.

Yesterday was Daddy's birthday and because I have yet to be paid we had to make it a pretty inexpensive celebration. I decided to take him to Bankers and get him some donuts, apple cider and whatever else he wanted. If you know Mark, you know that this was a perfect gift because he just loves going to the orchard in the fall. Jack also enjoyed himself, trying to pick up pumpkins, watching other kids run around and of course finding the one thing that looked like Spongebob. (We don't even watch the show with him and he loves it).

Checking out the goats and Llamas....
Running away from the goats...
Not too sure what to think...Daddy being attacked by the goats...Eating a rock...Playing in the house instead of with the goats...
We are also heading to the pumpkin patch next weekend with Jack's buddy Kasey, so we did not go on the wagon ride or get pumpkins. We really wanted the two of them to do it together. So we got our goodies and headed home. My parents then came over as well as my sisters and Mark's mom for some pizza and cake for his birthday.

I forgot to mention that while we were at Banker's I picked up some foam cylinders to put in a pool for Jack (instead of a pool of balls....you'll see the pics in a sec). He thoroughly enjoys them and I think everyone else last night enjoyed them to...

My poor kid was stuffed with foam in every spot possible....Mark even gave him a booty...he's going to kill us when he gets older.


Last but not least, I have to let everyone know about our Halloween costume dilemma. I origonally wanted Jack to go as Tyrone from the Backyardigans seeing as he loves the show so much. Have you seen what Tyron's costume looks like?
http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/33198.jpg
I'm not a fan. I wanted Jack to try to pick his own costume and he really liked a Diego one, so we tried to find that instead. No such luck and Mark wasn't crazy about Diego either. So we opted for a cute lion costume at the Halloween store in the mall. Wouldn't you know it, but it doesn't fit. So we go to exchange it and I spend a good 45 minutes looking for another costume. I don't like any of them and after debating for what seemed like eternity we ended up leaving the store empty handed. By this point I'm pretty frustrated and just want to put a sheet over my kid and let him go as a ghost. We have no good stores in Plattsburgh for costumes and I don't like anything I see online. One of the kids I work with, her father gave me the marvelous idea to check out Old Navy. Why didn't I think of that?? So Thursday night we headed off to Old Navy to check out their costumes. Low and behold we find a costume that everyone is satisfied with. I gave Jack a choice between a Monkey costume and Dragon costume. Here is what he chose...



Isn't that adorable? I know there will probably be a lot of kids with this costume, but I really don't care. It's warm, easy to put on and take off and Jack enjoys wearing it. What more could I ask for? So with that out of the way I am finally able to sleep at night! Okay, just kidding.

Hope everyone enjoyed the pictures and my rambling. Like I said, there was a lot to post about.

2 comments:

Aimée - Vint Condition said...

First happy belated birthday to Mark. The orchard sounds like a perfect way to spend a birthday. Second,I want a goat. If I move home I might get one...or you know the pony...okay the pony sounds better. And third Jack is so cute in that outfit. I don't care if other kids have it either because he'll obviously be the most adorable one.

Kate, Alek, Hank, and Cash (RIP RED) said...

Wow where to start. Okay first of all the costume. Alek was going to be Pablo, but again we could not find a good one, so we went the store in the mall and we GOT the LION and have not tried it on, but of course I should becuase he is in 2T already and well Lets hope it fits. Alek was a hot dog last year from Old Navy it was perfect. I love Jack's costume it is great.
Second I LOVE the pool idea by gosh you are one smart mommy.
We really should get these two together for a play date the more I watch Jack he is ALOT like Alek and Alek's buddy John. Alek does not get a lot of interaction. Of course the poor buddy had one play date in the last two months and caught that darn virus. His buddy goes to Bright beginnings and 6 our of 8 kids in his class got it. Its out of the way now Alek cannot get it again so THANK GOD it is no fun.
We are also planning a day at Bankers soon Fall and Halloween are my favorite time of year.
Happy Birthday to all your family members...
SMILE